P.3+ HAMMOND OCT. 25 - JAN. 25
P.3+ showcases contemporary art exhibitions and events put on by the local and regional art community. Prospect.3 will do its utmost to expose and promote these events through its printed matter, media outreach, and social media listings.
For the duration of Prospect 3, Hammond presents the following exhibits, performances and events:
- 1st Friday Art Walks on November 7th, December 5h and January 9th.
- Changing monthly exhibits and lectures at Hammond Regional Arts Center.
- Mural paintings at the Tangipahoa African American Heritage Museum.
- 8,000,000 art installation by Gustavo Duque.
- Flight of the Wetlands by John Valentino
- Giants in the City.
- Feast of Flowers community art installation and performance led by Joseph Herring.
- Changing monthly exhibits and lectures at SLU Contemporary Art Gallery.
- Rotating exhibits by the Hammond Art Guild.
- Video installation and performance by ACRE TV.
- Regular exhibits at Oak St. Gallery.
- Indecent Exposure group exhibit curated by Kim Bergeron
- Public art exhibits by Andrea Hano and Pat Macaluso and Chuck Wright, Phillip Colwart and Tyler Vance
- Exhibits and installations by Shanna D'Antonio, Kim Bergeron, Michael Schroeder, Josh Hailey, Kenneth Alexander Lori Gomez, Drake Fuller and
- Land Loss Schematic by Leah Anne Floyd and Rachel Brown
- Reality Check by Michael Schroeder
- A Show of Hands and Manipulation by Heather Vallaire
- Crystal Radio by Christina Molina
- Live music at various downtown venues.
- Performing arts at the Columbia Theater, Reimer's Auditorium, Vonnie Borden Theater.
HAMMOND EXCURSION WEEKEND, JAN. 9 -11
Activities begin with enhanced programming at our 1st Friday Art Walk on January 9th. Activities include gallery openings from 5 - 8 PM, a recycled fashion show, art exhibit and Tribal Happenings Belly Dancers at Hammond Regional Arts Center, live music, local dining, entertainment and a live body painting demonstration, side show and art exhibits at The People’s Art Pop Up Gallery.
Programming continues on Saturday, January 10th as we welcome independent travelers and visitors on the P.3+ bus trip with a reception at Hammond Regional Arts Center. Attendees will see all of Hammond’s P.3+ exhibits and performances including a 2nd line parade as part of our interactive community project, Feast of Flowers from the installation site to Tangi Public Library for a live performance and then on to the remaining exhibits, including our weekend long installation of Giants in the City, a traveling exhibit of giant inflatable art sculptures created by an international group of artists.
Click here to download our printable Excursion Weekend brochure and map.
BUS TRIP FROM NEW ORLEANS
DISCOUNTED RAIL EXCURSION
Attendees from these cities, situated on the Chicago - New Orleans rail line may take advantage of Amtrak's special Prospect 3 discounted fare to Hammond for our January 9th - 11th excursion weekend. Participants will receive 20% off of their rail travel and enjoy a special track side welcome reception by the Hammond Chamber of Commerce. Travelers who book the Hampton Inn Package will be met at the station by the waiting shuttle.
Book your discounted rail travel, via this special link to Amtrak's website.
ALL INCLUSIVE HOTEL PACKAGE
To book the all inclusive weekend package at Hampton Inn, Hammond, please call 985-419-2188 or email Brandy Marlow at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or click here to book your all inclusive hotel accommodation with our single click link.